£400 - £500 per day
4 months ago
A prestigious public sector body has an urgent requirement for an Interim Contract Manager to deliver short term improvements and laying the foundations for longer term improvements in managing the Council's major contract for public realm services (c. £30m value).
This is an initial 3-6-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d outside of IR 35 based in Hereford.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the best value for money and community impact of the services the contract provides
- To effectively challenge and drive efficiencies in the BBLP contract including continuous improvement (e.g. year-on-year savings) and to model this behaviour
- To ensure appropriate and effective risk management
- To work closely with the Interim Commissioning Manager and relevant Council employees (including 1 direct report) to drive improvements at pace
- To build technical knowledge within the Council, increasing the Council's ability to act as an 'intelligent client' and ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities regarding contract management and commissioning
- To improve internal communication and education in order that the internal client teams better understand the BBLP contract
- To work in partnership with, and increase the involvement of, the Council's Procurement Team
- To oversee the set up a contract management framework which addresses performance of internal audits
- To consider and, where necessary, procure an appropriate Contract Management System (CMS)
- Must have significant experience of successfully operating in a similar role
- Must be confident taking a 'hands on' approach, whilst also being politically aware.
This is an extremely urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately.