Leeds, West Yorkshire
£200 - £250 per day
SS - 13080_1562927901
3 days ago
Interim Construction Manager
Interim Construction Manager required to work with a British FSTE 100 manufacturing organisation to ensure projects are running within programme, budget and design tolerances.
To project manage a portfolio of projects ensuring they are within programme, budget and design tolerances.
- Manage the contractor tender process and the activities of the development team, consultants, general contractor, specialist contractors and suppliers.
- Define and maintain a project cost plan covering all aspects of the planned CAPEX.
- Analyse each works package contract and identify the key interfaces critical path and milestones.
- Advise upon all areas of risk to the Works and risk management.
- To carry out inspections both on and off-site of the works by the general contractor, the specialist contractors and suppliers appointed directly and effectively communicate to the business on all matters relating to progress.
- Prepare organisational plans and structures and define responsibilities and reporting relationships.
- Advise on the strategy for procurement of all construction packages and purchase orders for works required to complete the project and manage the orderly handover of the site to the business - ensuring all administration is complete and up to date.
- Follow the Gateway process and issue close out schedules, leading up to completion. Snagging lists issued in a timely manner and followed up with contractors to a high standard. Issuing of the complete O+M manual in our standard format, within the agreed timescales.
- Growth in the role to manage renovations and major projects once they have gained experience in the role.
- University degree - with emphasis on Project Management / QS, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent.
- Relevant experience managing construction projects.
- Complete understanding of manufacturing construction.
- Ability to budget and manage project costs.
- Ability to manage consultants and local teams to ensure timely completion and maintenance of global standard for all projects.
- Communication skills written and oral - many times communicating in cultures where English is the secondary language.
- Flexibility and willingness to cover 2 sites
- A solid understanding of financial reconciliation of construction related costs.
- Construction experience in the region is an advantage.
- Ability to manipulate and understanding CAD systems.
- Ability to read MS project and analyse a construction schedule, as well as, ability to complete one.
To discuss the Interim Construction Manager position, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.