£400 - £500 per day
about 2 months ago
One of the UKS most recognizable FMCG organizations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Communications Manager.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working 2 days per week on average in Surrey offices.
The EMEA and UK&I Communications Manager leads strategic communications initiatives that increase employee engagement and drive and protect the company's reputation in support of leadership and business goals both in the UK and across the entire EMEA region. The role embraces both internal and external communications and involves working with multiple stakeholders and on major programs to drive business results.
Key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the communications agenda to support EMEA / UKI overall business objectives. Developing communications strategies, messaging and campaigns for internal and external communications channels/audiences, in close alignment with relevant key stakeholders (including the EMEA LT, UK Managing Director & UK LT).
- Providing communications support to the UK&I Managing Director, and members of the UK&I Leadership Team to ensure priorities and messaging are aligned and articulated in a manner consistent with overall company strategy and goals.
- Raising clients profile with internal and external audiences including employees, media, customers through proactive communications strategies. Collaborate with relevant partners to create joint communications such as case studies, articles, press releases, videos (e.g. brands, NGOs, customers). Develop and execute communications efforts across multiple channels including social media, publications, corporate website and digital platforms - internally and externally.
- Leading the EMEA communications team on executing global and EMEA communications campaigns locally across the region.
- Managing crisis situations and escalated issues to ensure consistent and clear communications which help to protect company reputation and maintain business activities. Manage media relations.
- Working with Industry associations on behalf ofEMEA on relevant issues and campaigns.
- Strengthening communications capabilities within the EMEA communications team and global communications function through best practice sharing.
- Measuring and reporting on communications effectiveness.
To be successful this the role you will have:
- Several years' experience in communications, marketing and/or business. CPG/International experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate across diverse cultures to often pressing deadlines. You are a thinker and problem-solver who can make smart decisions without having all the answers.
- A demonstrated ability to operate independently and proactively in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment, and the ability to manage many projects at once, are fundamental requirements.
- Proven writing and editing skills, analytical skills, and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences; fluent in digital/social communication strategies.
- Experience driving proactive external communications (media relations, industry relations, thought leadership, etc.).
- Creative platform experience a plus (Canva, Video Shooting/Editing, etc.)
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.