£180 - £250 per day
SS - 12400_1548790090
3 months ago
Interim Category Specialist - up to £250/day - SW London
My client is a global leader within the Healthcare sector and are currently recruiting an Interim Category Specialist to join an established team on an initial 3 month contract.
You will be accountable for your specific category, with responsibility for total UK expenditure in your area to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet and enhance the businesses' requirements.
You will be accountable for identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and Department targets.
The role requires you to lead supplier selection and qualification and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
In addition, you will, in collaboration with the Category Manager and Head of Procurement:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive category/purchasing plans which has a clear savings/opportunity pipeline.
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits and opportunities and business requirements.
- Understand the strategic intent of the UK Market Unit Division and the Business Units within it to ensure that Category plans and implementation are aligned with organisational goals
- Develop and manage a category risk plan in agreement with the Business to mitigate Bupa's exposure to supply chain risks within the categories under their management.
- Actively sets, leads and drives the timeline for sourcing initiatives
- Lead contract negotiations on behalf of the organisation and develop negotiation plans
- Develops innovative solutions by challenging the status quo and business requirements
- Maximises total cost of ownership savings through continuous improvement initiatives
- Interfacing with internal customers to ensure requirements are delivered, performance tracked and operational efficiencies are maximised
- Participates in Team and Department meetings and events and is responsible for communicating and advocating procurement throughout the organisation.
- Maintain personal integrity with regards to commercial confidentiality and conduct supplier relationships with the highest standard of ethical conduct.
- Ideally holds a Graduate Degree (e.g BA, BSc, MEng) or higher (e.g. MA)
- Ideally is CIPS qualified
- Sourcing and category management experience and expertise
- Experience of delivering savings through driving sourcing and category procurement activities
- A skilled negotiator who can draw upon and develop fact based negotiation plans and is comfortable at operating with senior people within organisations
- Contract and supplier management expertise
To discuss the Interim Category Specialist - up to £250/day - SW London role, call Sam on 01483 213 304.