Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £350 per day
SS - 11715_1532618137
6 months ago
Interim Category Manager, Manchester - £350/day - 1 Year Contract
1st Executive are working with a leading public sector body who need two Interim Category Managers to deploy category management as a methodology as part of a major transformation to gain better control over procurement processes across the organisation.
- Intelligent data analysis of spend patterns, spend compliance, market trends and contract registers to develop long term strategies for a category portfolio
- Building clear and understandable business cases to support the adoption of category strategies and specific projects
- Develop a strong understanding of the Supplier market, structures and market dynamics
- Challenge existing processes and practices to drive economic benefit for the business
- Project manage major procurement projects, taking the lead professional procurement role on these projects to ensure appropriate input of procurement advice as well as effective project management
- Responsible for procuring, managing and maintaining relationships with a number of key corporate suppliers of Goods & Services and ensuring the ever changing requirements of the business continue to be met by our suppliers
- Demonstrable relevant work/industry experience in Procurement and Supplier management
- Previous experience in procuring and Supplier Relationship Management role
- Experience of relevant Category Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: writing, speaking, listening, persuading and influencing and collaborating.
- Analytical, evaluative, and financial management abilities with keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders and identifying innovative ways of working with suppliers especially in the relevant category area.
If you are interested in discussing the Interim Category Manager, Manchester positions, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.