City of London, London
£450 - £550 per day
SS - 14288_1602884879
7 months ago
Interim Category Manager - IT Infrastructure
Interim Category Manager required for a 6 month contract with a Multinational Financial Services client.
You will, on a global basis, lead strategy and planning for a IT Infrastructure Category to deliver competitive advantage through cost savings, life cycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
With specific category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
The role is required to identify new outsourcing opportunities and assess their relevance and potential value to the organization in conjunction with and under the guidance of the Global Category Manager.
Whilst not responsible for the execution of Category plans, the role will support the country Heads of Procurement and their Sourcing Execution Leads in the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
Key to success are advanced skills in analysis/synthesis in the application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Has 5+ years of IT procurement roles and specific experience in the Networks/Telco category specifically.
- Depth of experience in IT hardware, software and services Category Management.
- Experience in leading negotiations and managing large value procurement cycles in the IT infrastructure area with vendors such as IBM, HPE, Dell, Cisco, Oracle, CA, BT, Vodafone, Computacenter, NTT, etc.
- Having worked within complex, multi layered organisations and worked to the pace and drive required.
- Has degree or CIPS related qualifications.
Please note, only contractors willing to work via umbrella companies will be considered.
To be considered for the Interim Category Manager - IT Infrastructure please apply prior to Tuesday 20/10 and for further information call Sam on 01483 213 304.