Up to £550 per day
RK - 11466_1526381844
9 months ago
1st Executive have been retained by a FTSE100 British multinational company specialising in chemicals and technologies with a real focus on innovation and sustainability. They are currently looking to bring on board an Interim Category Manager (Direct Materials) and this is an excellent opportunity to join their rapidly expanding Commercial team during an exciting period of transformation.
The role will ultimately be responsible for defining, leading and negotiating supply agreements and managing the category supplier base for direct material spends (£120m). Understanding the cost drivers and key providers within markets to define best solution for the business and its customers. Negotiating & drafting of contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service, quality, added value, total cost, security of supply and deployment of the supplier's capabilities in innovation are secured.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or chemical process industry
- Up to date understanding of the supply market, best practices and policies in procurement
- Track record of driving increased value from the supply chain, supplier negotiations and cost optimization
- Experience in Procurement Strategy development and Low Cost Countries sourcing.
- A technical university degree (Chemistry or Engineering highly desirable)
Duration: initially 3 months
Rate: £500 - £550
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to learn more please send an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your availability for a quick call to discuss in more detail.