£400 - £475 per day
8 months ago
A London based local authority has an urgent requirement for an Interim Category Manager for Construction and Environment to join their procurement team.
This is an initial 6-month contract offering up to £475 p/d inside IR35 for a candidate to be based in
You will act as Category Lead for the Construction and Environment related procurement activities covering the following areas:
- Building and Civil construction projects to facilitate existing Civic and Residential property portfolio of the Council including major regeneration programmes
- Major Refurbishment projects of existing Council Municipal properties and Council Residential Estates
- Building planned and reactive maintenance contracts
- Highway Maintenance and Construction services and works
- Parks and Ground Maintenance
- Service contracts to support the delivery of the Council's Leisure and Library services
- Service and supplies contracts for the support of the Council's Waste Management service
- To be the Category expert within service context on procurement planning, control and approval procedures and to have extensive knowledge of the market with regards to key commodities and categories of supply and services for this Category
- To have sound commercial acumen in relation to this Category and be able to deploy acquired commercial expertise to ensure that the Council achieves Value for Money and manage the risks associated with all contracting activities under this Category
- Extensive knowledge of procurement practice in the Construction industry
- European Union and United Kingdom public sector procurement methodology and best practice.
- The effective management of contracts from inception to delivery, including establishing effective Key Performance Indicators, collaborative working, dispute resolution, and negotiation of contracts taking account of current and emerging issues within this Category
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.