City of London, London
£350 - £450 per day
SS - 14307_1603995079
29 days ago
Interim Category Manager
Interim Category Manager required for a 6 month contract to play a key role in supporting the Government respond to the COVID - 19 pandemic.
You will lead the end-to-end procurement process and manage projects for some of the department's most complex, sensitive and high-risk commercial projects, delivering the best possible commercial outcomes for children, young people and the education system.
You will use your expertise and knowledge to influence and shape the category management process as part of this growing commercial function. You will need to work collaboratively, building and managing effective professional relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including the commercial team, suppliers and internal customers, to ensure that category management is implemented, and that commercial is central to the Department's decision-making.
* Ideally MCIPS qualified
* A minimum of three years' experience in a procurement and commercial role in a large, complex organisation with evidence of putting theoretical knowledge into practice..
* Experience of running public sector procurement processes that comply with European Union procurement regulations.
* Evidence of taking the lead on securing value for money in a complex commercial environment
* Experience of analysing complex information to make informed commercial decisions
* Evidence of influencing key stakeholders towards commercial solutions which balance optimal commercial performance with delivering business strategy
* Experience of the successful delivery of holistic end-to-end strategic category plans and commercial strategies
* Evidence of successfully managing risks, mitigations and trade offs