City of London, London
Up to £460 per day
about 1 year ago
Interim Category Lead required to join a leading Airline company to lead the Ground Handling category. Based in the London, it will be an initial 6 month contract paying up to £460 per day.
The role will involve leading the spend across the Ground Handling sub-category for a range of products and services, leading strategic activities, including category planning, sourcing, risk management and acting as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing local and global sourcing strategies for all external spend related activity.
- Manage supplier risk to protect the company from financial, operational and reputational damage.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to resolve commercial and contractual disputes; in particular suppliers with high complexity and/or high spend.
- Support tier 1 (high strategic/high risk/high spend) projects and work with strategic suppliers to grow and develop supplier markets.
- Work alongside business areas to streamline specifications and processes to ensure that Group buying power is maximised.
You must be able to demonstrate;
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of Ground Handling procurement across full commodity lifecycle and awareness of market trends and suppliers.
- Strong commercial expertise including contract negotiation and dispute resolutions.
- Experience of working in an environment of change involving people, process, policy and technology.
- Experience managing stakeholders at all levels across multiple countries and cultures in a complex global organisation.
- Willingness to travel and work in a multi-site/location environment.
Rate: up to £460 per day
Duration: initial 6 months
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss further then please contact me directly on 01483 213 302 or send me an email at email@example.com