£200 - £265 per day
5 months ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Capital Buyer.
This will be an interim contract offering up to £265 p/d umbrella rate based in Royston with predominant home working available.
Procurement professional ensuring delivery of all Procurement targets; site specific procurement and local implementation of Group-led and spend categories (including capital and operational expenditure) and manages supplier performance. Undertakes activities to ensure the efficient and effective strategic procurement of defined portfolio, which may include responsibility for a category where this is specific to the site.
Ensures procurement activities are in accordance with Procurement Excellence strategy, goals and Group Procurement Policy/Standards. Enables Group Chief Procurement Officer to effectively deliver Procurement Excellence strategy and goals at Plant.
- Vocational education with many years' experience, or a university qualification (with a business, technical, scientific focus) with several years' experience, preferably in Automotive, FMCG and/or Chemical procurement.
- Functional Procurement experience managing direct and indirect categories within a Plant. Knowledge and experience of best practice category management, sourcing, contract management and supplier performance management practices.
- Experienced successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the Procurement organisation.
- Ability to facilitate several activities at any one time, prioritise workload and effectively communicate current positions.
- Ability to balance total cost of ownership (TCO), strategic and tactical delivery.
- For materials, Value Analysis and Value Engineering to identify and drive benefit opportunities.
This is an extremely urgent requirement so if it is of interest please give apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.