£45 - £55 per hour
26 days ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative sustainable technology firms has an urgent requirement for an Interim Capex Project Buyer to join their procurement team.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering £45-£55 p/h for a candidate to be based in Swindon with some home working available.
To provide hands-on responsibility leading procurement activity for plant equipment and material purchase packages within project timelines for Hydrogen technologies' (Fuel Cells and Green Hydrogen) business projects.
- Works collaboratively with Sector and Group procurement teams to ensure appropriate supplier performance management plans are in place.
- Responsibility in representing the procurement office and facilitate the interaction between the engineering team and the suppliers, according to the defined supply strategies.
- Supporting a cross functional team with material availability/supplier information and following procurement processes in the NPI and ePMO project initiatives
- Promoting early procurement involvement in the capex processes
- Participate in cost estimations
- Aiding with supply qualification by coordinating procurement of new material(s) and quality inspection
- Ensuring the application of the commodity strategy by adhering to procurement planning with key suppliers
- Acting as first escalation level for supplier crisis management related to assigned projects.
- Implementing procurement quality and cost reduction
- Technical University degree or 5+ years of experience in procurement activity
- Experience in CAPEX and/or Project procurement
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or chemical process industry
- Knowledge of quality standards, tools and processes
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.