£45 - £55 per hour
5 months ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative sustainable technology firms has an urgent requirement for an Interim Capex Project Buyer to join their procurement team.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering £45-£55 p/h for a candidate to be based in Swindon with some home working available.
To provide hands-on responsibility leading procurement activity for plant equipment and material purchase packages within project timelines for Hydrogen technologies' (Fuel Cells and Green Hydrogen) business projects.
- Works collaboratively with Sector and Group procurement teams to ensure appropriate supplier performance management plans are in place.
- Responsibility in representing the procurement office and facilitate the interaction between the engineering team and the suppliers, according to the defined supply strategies.
- Supporting a cross functional team with material availability/supplier information and following procurement processes in the NPI and ePMO project initiatives
- Promoting early procurement involvement in the capex processes
- Participate in cost estimations
- Aiding with supply qualification by coordinating procurement of new material(s) and quality inspection
- Ensuring the application of the commodity strategy by adhering to procurement planning with key suppliers
- Acting as first escalation level for supplier crisis management related to assigned projects.
- Implementing procurement quality and cost reduction
- Technical University degree or 5+ years of experience in procurement activity
- Experience in CAPEX and/or Project procurement
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or chemical process industry
- Knowledge of quality standards, tools and processes
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.