£550 - £650 per day
2 months ago
Interim Project Procurement Manager (Capex/Capital Spend)
Role: Project Procurement Manager
Rate : £550 - £650 inside IR35 6-month initial contract
Location: Camberley (GU14 8EH), United Kingdom (On site 3 days a week minimum)
I currently have an extremely exciting Greenfield Construction Project role with one of my Global manufacturing clients who are looking for a Project Purchasing specialist. If you are looking for your next large-scale task which involves getting your hands dirty, then this could certainly be the right role for you!
The role will be working closely with the Design engineering team and a project manager, previous experience of working alongside/with EPCM managers will be a must along with capital/project spend of large-scale projects. The role will see you work closely with the project team and liaise with stakeholders from the feet of the project right through to final execution and stakeholder maturity/management is a large part of this role.
The total spend of the project will range from £250-300 million and will require negotiations/strategies for numerous process equipment packages throughout. Process industry/chemical experience will be a big bonus, to further that Oil/Gas & Metals is beneficial also.
- This position is responsible for leading procurement of materials, equipment, and services for capital projects executed by Global Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology and Equipment.
- The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective material control of the project equipment and materials from planning through sourcing, expediting, inspection, transport, receipt while working closely with the Project Manager and design team to ensure teamwork & collaboration to achieve success.
- Negotiate numerous process equipment packages throughout the build.
- Responsibility in representing the procurement office and facilitate the interaction between the engineering team and the suppliers, according to the defined supply strategies.
- Implementing procurement quality and cost reduction objectives related to action plan(s)/productivity program(s).
- Expected to develop competitive sourcing strategies, actively engage suppliers, professionally negotiate purchases, and resolve performance issues throughout the entire project.
- Challenge technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost-effective solutions. Strong planning, project management, cost control, sourcing, communication, and negotiating skills are required.
- The role will develop two direct reports throughout the maturity of the project close to the midway stage.
- The role will report into the Head of Procurement/Supply chain after the project is completed and will also be expected to help with any additional tasks while completing the project.
- The role will be based on site minimum three days a week due to the nature of the project and the close work which will need to be carried out with team members/engineers.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiating skills.
- Experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment/plant particularly within Process/Chemical or Oil/Gas & Metals industries.
- Technical College degree or related field to Procurement/projects.
- Previous experience in large scale Capex or Project Procurement roles.
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills.
- Maturity within stakeholder relationships and communications due to the large scope within the role.
- Ability to bring teams together to resolve issues and achieve targets and goals.
- Sense of ownership, pride and ability to see projects through to completion.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please give me a call ASAP on 01483213311 to find out more.