Up to £200 per day
SS - 11080_1516733899
about 2 months ago
You will partner and work alongside with the End-to-End Supply Chain organization and Production Procurement (PP) Team to define business requirements, support in developing the strategy and implement the solution for a world class inbound supply chain.
* Support the development, alignment and implementation of a comprehensive inbound logistics strategy on a global basis with key stakeholders to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact financial results.
* Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
* Lead data gathering process linking up with Production Procurement Category Managers, Site liaison Managers and suppliers aiming at getting inbound logistics spend visibility and identify service and cost savings opportunities.
* Support the End-to-End Logistics Partnership (E2E LP) Programme deployment team in the deployment phase with focus on improving cost, visibility and control of inbound raw and pack materials buys to support its manufacturing sites around the globe through the integration of inbound supply lanes to the Logistics Control Centre (LCC).
* Support the roll out of the global incoterms policy within Procurement
* Raw and Packaging Material supplier and Site inbound logistics onboarding along with Production Procurement team to introduce suppliers and sites to inbound logistics strategy, get endorsement and support. Follow up on timely closing of expected deliverables.
* Lead tendering process aimed at improving inbound logistics cost and E2E Logistics service / visibility, potential supplier incoterms change management along with PP Teams, Site Logistics Teams and suppliers.
* Inventory impact analysis and Total Cost of Ownership change impact on Delivered incoterms (DDP, DAP, DAT, CIP, CIF) change to Non delivered incoterms (FCA and EXW).
* Savings approval and reporting. inbound logistics rate card management for proper internal control and auditing.
Supplier Relationship Management
* Support the development and performance management of the supply base for inbound freight to ensure supply of materials on time and in full at lowest landed cost, to meet requirements
* Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective solutions for inbound freight
* Participate and support in the development and execution of a Continuous Improvement strategy and project pipeline, in partnership with the E2E LP Operations team.
Cross Functional Collaboration
* Work closely with E2E LP Programme Deployment and Operations teams to ensure a robust implementation plan is in place and is implemented rigourously in alignment with category teams and receiving sites
* Work closely with Production Procurement category & operations teams as well as peers in Logistics Procurement to drive the organization around inbound logistics delivery & implementation plan
* Work closely with the company's appointed external Logistics Partner to establish a robust commercial model and harmonized project delivery for inbound freight
* Develop Subject Matter Expertise within procurement on inbound freight, and support category teams on incoterms and rate negotiations with raw and pack material suppliers
* Resolution of second touch issues escalated from site(s) and/or project team
* Sharing of best practices across category teams and Production Procurement
* Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
* Strong experience of procurement and purchasing ideally within Logistics
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong IT skills including Excel
* Ability to work cross functionally with across borders and timezones