Interim Buyer - Fuel Systems £38 p/h
£30 - £38 per hour
7 months ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative aerospace companies has an urgent requirement for an Interim Procurement Buyer in their Fuel and Inerting Systems function.
This is a 12-month contract offering up to £38 p/h inside IR35 and hybrid working 60% based in the Bristol offices and 40% WFH.
Procurement Organisation manages commercial agreements with all external suppliers. Equipment Procurement (PE) is responsible for procurement of complex, high value aircraft systems. The PELB team is responsible for the sourcing and commercial management of Fuel and Inerting Systems for all commercial programmes. As a Buyer in PELB you will contribute to all sourcing activities throughout the contract life cycle, managing tendering and contract negotiations to achieve business targets.
- Set up and lead Procurement activities for Fuel and Inerting products including securing the contractual framework with the suppliers
- Lead the sourcing activities as applicable, managing the tendering and the contract negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance with Company requirements and procedures
- Monitor the contract with suppliers and Company stakeholders to achieve, throughout the contract life cycle, a complete application of terms and conditions to ensure suppliers deliver expected performance in all dimensions (Logistics, support, quality, cost...)
- Act as the main focal point for the contracts internally and externally and manage the dayto-day relationships with suppliers and running projects to optimize customer value, while minimizing total cost of ownership & risks
- Co-ordinate with the Multi-Functional Team (Engineering, Programme, Finance and Supply Chain, Quality etc.) for all activities related to the contracts
- Assist in defining and implementing the commodity strategy, perform market analysis and support global sourcing and offset initiatives
- Support value creation projects, innovation and future product developments including Research and Technology projects as required for Fuel and Inerting Systems
- Implement procurement policy
- Procurement experience essential, although applications from applicants with good business experience and knowledge of the Procurement process are also welcomed
- Experience in working in a multi-functional environment
- Experience in stakeholder management and influencing internal customers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including at senior management level
- Negotiation level in English
- Commercial / Contract / Finance knowledge is desirable