£17 - £20 per hour
SS - 14206_1599072646
10 months ago
Interim Buyer - 6 Month Contract
Interim Buyer required for a 6 month contract in Stafford to manage the buying process for a range of good within a manufacturing environment.
You will apply sourcing policy and act as the interface between suppliers and the business with regards specifications and budgets.
- Place and follow-up on POs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Update ERP.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Works together with high level people from the business.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Provides technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field.
- Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
- Degree qualified
- 3+ years experience in buying/procurement
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP system
- Strong organisation skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of transport of dangerous goods (desirable)
To be considered for the Interim Buyer - 6 Month Contract in Stafford, please apply prior to the close of business Friday 4th September.