£200 - £300 per day
SS - 11301_1522168797
9 months ago
1st Executive have been retained to manage the recruitment for a interim buyer for a leading provider of goods and services to the public sector.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working as a member of the purchasing team, this role will support the business with its customer focused purchasing strategy. This appointment is therefore integral to the success of the business, with the successful candidate supporting the management and development of the supplier base. Sound market knowledge, expertise and understanding of purchasing are key to the success of the role.
The post holder must establish and maintain effective and proper procurement processes for the products within their portfolio while adhering to both the Council Contract Regulations and the European Procurement Directives and manage, where applicable, the Junior Buyer and their portfolio.
Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential as is the ability to perform in a pressurised environment.
Able to identify and realise opportunities for advertising and product promotions, as well as manage the database for product and contract information.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Manage and ownership of a large portfolio of suppliers and determining the most appropriate method for the procurement of the goods and services within the portfolio through knowledge of available purchasing techniques, understanding key market trends and developments and seeking ways in which these can reduce purchase costs and add value to the process.
To contract manager negotiations with existing suppliers, challenging prices, service performance and support where relevant. Put in place contractual arrangements that reflect the needs of the business and are structured to ensure that price, quality and service level improvements are fully realised. Manage such agreements on behalf of all participating authorities to ensure no erosion of benefit.
Identify and implement procedures to achieve agreed key performance targets for the range of products within the post holder's portfolio including maximising profitability, minimising risk and delivering range development through a product range review. In addition manage the same for the Junior Buyer's report, where applicable.
Identify and realise advertising and promotional opportunities for both the post holder's portfolio of products and services. Work in conjunction with key management in planning and implementing strategies to attract advertising revenue at the required level, while working to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
Maintain accurate product and contract data within various databases as required.
Provide an advisory service for clients of HFS, working in conjunction with the help desk team and sales team to ensure a cohesive client focused approach to customer care to support tenders and project work.
Proactively analyse and react to market conditions, competitor movements, pricing and innovations where relevant. Includes working closely with the Inventory Management Team to ensure robust management of supplier and stock performance.
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
1. A good general level of education is required. Purchasing experience and a professional qualification in procurement or management would be advantageous.
2. Experience in using own initiative to identify areas for improvement and undertaking best practice by independently seeing implementation through to successful conclusion.
3. Demonstrate good commercial knowledge and experience in procurement procedures and market positioning/strategies.
4. Ability to work autonomously and commitment to working flexibly while managing demands in own workload and that of direct reports to achieve HFS's objectives.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable good working relationships with managers, staff and suppliers. 6. Demonstrate good negotiating skills and have the ability to challenge staff/management regarding working practices and how processes are managed.
7. In depth knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
8. Manage and update databases, manipulate data, reconcile issues and produce information and reports as required