£200 - £250 per day
3 months ago
A global leader in offshore engineering with recent private equity backing is undertaking a complete procurement transformation. An urgent requirement has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join a newly expanding procurement team, which is being created to drive this transformation.
This is an interim role offering £250 p/d for a candidate to be based in Essex - some flexibility with regards to remote working will be possible.
Your category focus will be across a broad range of categories. You will be joining a team-focussed environment with an open culture, focused on collaboration, opportunity creation, and driving value.
- Experience managing spend across procurement.
- A background in engineering, shipping, oil and gas or other related industries will be a significant advantage.
- A demonstrable history of achieving savings in tactical procurement positions.
- The ability to effectively manage stakeholders building collaborative relationships across functions both internally and externally in a global business.
- Ensure delivery of procurement fundamentals of compliance, contracts, risk etc. within the relevant category areas.
- Support contract management and negotiation.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Place and follow-up on purchase orders.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field.
- Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to support strategy and procurement development within the category understanding supply costs and pricing on a global basis.
This role is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.