West Midlands, England
£300 - £400 per day
SS - 11261_1520964239
7 days ago
1st Executive have been retained by a global engineering company to manage the recruitment of an interim Bid Manager for an initial 1 year contract.
This is an exciting role to manage bids for the UK, Ireland and the Nordics. You will be managing timely delivery of high quality, accurate, competitive value adding propositions to clients and to drive the resources necessary to win the bid.
You will be someone who thrives on close customer contact to enable you to establish and define both technical and commercial needs and then progress to offer and follow this to conclusion.
You will need to have a keen eye for assessing potential risks and have the skills to utilise up to date tendering tools.
Management of the tender to operations handover and also management of feedback from operations teams once projects are delivered is critical in order to fine tune subsequent offers to clients.
You will be working closely with the Sourcing team in order to optimise the cost of the 3rd party material and services. Interfacing with the operations and engineering teams of Grid Automation and also the other Grid Solutions businesses within both UK & World-Wide is critical.
The activity includes Commercial & Technical Bid Solution preparation, solution profitability, planning, financial control, general reporting (internal and external) on all aspects of Bid Management.
Ensuring the delivery of all Bid Solutions is compliant with customer requirements and expectations, developed in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Drive the process of defining the Contractual Terms & Conditions, in line with Grid Solutions rules.
* Ideally Engineering Degree with relevant Commercial qualifications.
* 5 years Operation & Tendering experience related to Power Systems Infrastructure.
* Knowledge of the Substation Environment, CDM regulations, Site Surveys, Health & Safety, Quality, Site Working, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Project Management.
* Man Management experience.
* Good understanding of Commercial & Contractual Terms & Conditions ie. FIDIC, NEC3 and similar.
* Undertake bids for all Grid Automation activities (Products/Systems/Support)
* Relevant Commercial Experience, especially in working to achieve challenging commercial targets in terms of order intake and Gross Margin.
* People/team management.
* Process and time management.
* Knowledge of commercial contractual conditions.
* Ability to interpret customer documentation including tender/contracts, drawings, procedures and policy.
* Ability to write reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before customers or small groups of employees.
* Ability to establish customer needs via direct face to face meeting and presentations in order that a relevant and competitive solution may subsequently be developed and proposed. Such proposal may need to be formally presented to the client via this role or one of the bid team members.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
* Advanced IT skills (email, presentation preparation, word processing, spreadsheets, project reporting).
* Knowledge of the Grid Automation tendering processes & tools
* Ability to multitask to meet strict deadlines.
* Good Appreciation and Understanding of the requirements of the Electrical Power Systems Industry in relation to Grid Automation solutions (protection, control, measurement, site practices etc.)
* A good grounding in the company's working practices and procedures related to delivery of Grid Automation products and systems is essential.
* Good working knowledge of the UK, Ireland and Nordics electrical supply industry in terms of end users, routes to market, delivery models etc.
* A broad understanding of the Grid Solutions portfolio
* Good contractual, commercial and direct customer experience.
* Ability to understand and interpret customer expectations and requirements.