£150 - £250 per day
5 months ago
My client is a leading Financial Services organisation who are seeking an Assistant Procurement Buyer for an initial 6-month contract assignment. This person will support the procurement team in the delivery of category and sub-category strategies, ensuring the client achieves the best value as efficiently as possible.
You will take direction to help manage the cost base by supporting opportunities that drive costs out through demand. You will execute approved Purchase requests into the most effective buying channel approach e.g. PO's, ensuring best value, efficiency and delivery are achieved for my client's customers. You will work closely with Category teams and staff to ensure that sub-category strategy is fully implemented, and take guidance to deliver aspects of the sourcing lifecycle ensuring the best value and efficiency from organisation-wide agreements in support of our clients strategic vision.
- You will have experience enhancing, developing and supporting the processes and tools that enable the achievement of financial targets.
- You will be experienced in the processing of Purchase requisitions emanating from the business, applying Category rules & policy and then determining the best sources of supply to meet corporate objectives.
- You will be able to capture quality data on the transactions processed to ensure that invoice processing is as effective as possible and that adequate spend data is captured.
- You will be able to use your own knowledge of the business and sourcing to identify best practice and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- You will be able to act as a source of expertise in your own area, providing advice and guidance to stakeholders and colleagues to promote sourcing best practice.
If this position is of interest, please apply now and any questions call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186