£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Our client a Major Global FMCG organisation who are undergoing significant growth are now seeking an experienced Buyer with category experience within Indirects. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will play a key role in assisting in the delivery of the procurement strategy.
Key skills required
Ability to deliver savings and improvements in KPIs across key Procurement imperatives of cost, risk, quality, service, growth, innovation and governance
- Delivery of saving targets using procurement best practice across spends categories assigned.
- Develop and deliver a portfolio of savings and value adding projects that will reduce the total acquisition cost of spend as measured and documented through the savings process
- Drive local procurement initiatives through implementation of Global Sourcing Strategies and local RFQ's in conjunction with key business partners.
- Identify, develop and deliver initiatives by working with internal customers as Lead Business Partner
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Policy
- Support category managers as appropriate
- Ability to develop relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Able to engage with senior leaders
- 1-2 years procurement experience
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tenacious and works with integrity and can be relied on to achieve savings within deadlines agreed
- Able to support other procurement areas as required.
- Rigorous approach to data
- Ideally studying CIPS and graduate level qualifications
- Takes pride in own work ensuring a right first time approach.