£40000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus
12 months ago
Indirect Engineering Buyer, - £40,000 - £48,000 (Hybrid working)
ABINGDON, LONDON - Capital & Indirect - Buyer
I currently have an extremely exciting Engineering client of mine within the Automotive industry seeking a Senior Buyer with indirect category experience specifically within Capital spend. The company works alongside some of the world's leading businesses within the Automotive industry to achieve their goal providing top quality performance & service/products throughout.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help them to push the boundaries. Their New Method takes their portfolio of patented technologies created in-house and combined it with assembly in their nearby testing facilities allows them to be a competitive household brand name.
Indirect Engineering Buyer - £40,000 - £48,000 (Hybrid working)
Role: Indirect Engineering Senior Buyer
Salary: Up to £48,000 + Discretionary Bonus
Location: Abingdon (Flexible - 2/3 days per week in office)
- Working closely with Stakeholders and while using Procurement knowledge to influence key personnel/stakeholders.
- Leading and delivering purchasing strategy with advanced negotiating through suppliers.
- Leading and implementing change management process to manage all technical changes throughout.
- Support and motivate Procurement team to achieve success and departmental measures of performance.
- Implementation of Procurement initiatives as and when directed, work with and support the Head of Indirect Procurement and Senior Procurement manager on strategic accounts/ projects.
- Identification of technical and commercial cross-programme improvement areas.
- Ownership of risk and opportunities tracker to drive forward resolution to business issues and maximise value of cost reduction initiatives.
- Optimise total value being delivered to the end user - on time and to the required quality standard.
- Working closely with the Senior Cost Engineer to create and deploy target costs in line with business objectives.
- Previous proven experience within a similar role.
- Experience working in an Automotive or Manufacturing/Engineering environment.
- Indirect category experience in particular and additionally Capital/Capex.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical skills and can work well as part of a team.
- Ability to react quickly and prioritise immediate operational requirements for goods and services.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally at all levels of business.
If you think you have the relevant skills to carry out this role or are interested, apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible!