£65000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus
18 days ago
Indirect Procurement Manager - £65,000 - £70,000 (Wantage, Oxfordshire)
Role: Indirect Procurement Manager
Salary: Up to £65,000 - £70,000 + Bonus
Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire (Fully Site Based)
I have an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into a competitive fun team environment competing with some of the biggest household names within their industry all over the world. This organisation is striving and pushing to be one of the more competitive in the game with constant teamwork and strategy to compete against the best.
This role will see you manage the indirect categories of the portfolio including Marketing, Facilities and Capital spend within the business. The second most important part of the role will be keeping close relationships and further developing and nurturing relationships with key Senior Stakeholders. The role has no direct reports as of now, but it will see you report into the indirect Head of Procurement.
- Optimise total value being delivered to the end user - on time and to the required quality standard while motivating the team to achieve departmental measures of performance.
- Plan and organise category work streams, both tactically and strategic development.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with Senior stakeholders throughout the business.
- Implementation of Procurement initiatives as and when directed, work with and support the Head of Indirect Procurement and Senior Procurement manager on strategic accounts/ projects.
- Ensure that all aspects of transactional procurement of goods and services for category are achieved.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers that provide best value to the business while continuously adding initiatives to achieve success within the Procurement teams.
- Rationalise/explore the market and develop supplier base to those that provide best value to the business.
- Provide procurement leadership to internal stakeholders, using experience and influencing skills where needed.
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure that stakeholder requirements are fully understood, facilitating effective procurement delivery.
- Where appropriate advise budget holders of the likely outcomes of negotiations and possible alternative strategies that may achieve budgetary targets or other outcomes desired by the budget holder, or better fit the wider procurement strategy rather than the immediate tactical needs of the budget holder.
- Good team player with an approachable professional manner and positive can do attitude.
- Proven purchasing experience working within a fast-changing environment.
- Indirect category experience in particular Marketing, Facilities and Capital.
- At least 5 years purchasing experience supported by a CIPS qualification (desirable but not essential).
- Ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally at all levels of business.
- Ability to react quickly and prioritise immediate operational requirements for goods and services with great proactive/problem solving skills additionally.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
- Microsoft excel and office skills with good attention to detail.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skillset/category experience mentioned above let's have a conversation!