South East England, England
£70000 - £80000 per annum
4 months ago
The role acts as the senior subject matter expert in relation to UK, US and other international export controls and will drive the Company's export control strategy. A key aspect of the role is to provide expert leadership, support and mentoring to the export control team. The role determines and oversees appropriate escalation routes within the business and external regulatory authorities to successfully resolve issues, identify areas of compliance risk, and recommend and implement mitigation strategies. The role drives continuous improvement in export control compliance through the design and provision of training, and process improvement.
1. Provide the business with expert knowledge, guidance and advice on all export and import matters in line with applicable UK and International export control legislation, including Business Ethics.
2. Act as the primary focus for all UK and International export control matters.
3. Interface with regulatory departments and lead external audits from UK DIT and HMRC and provide support to others: manage the investigation and reporting of all issues/violations with the business.
4. Be conversant with all UK, International (in particular US ITAR/EAR) and HMRC export practices and advise the company of the impact of any pending legislation changes or amendments and make applicable recommendations for changes to business practices to ensure on-going compliance
5. Support the business to analyse complex business scenarios and identify compliant solutions to allow business objectives to be met in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
6. Develop, support and mentor less experienced staff within the team and across the business
7. Develop and manage an evaluation plan to ensure high levels of compliance within the function and other departments
8. Participate in and drive the continuous improvement of work flow, processes and procedures.
1. Strategic thinker: Ability to analyse complex business situations and advise on the impact of export control regulations
2. Customer orientated: Has a customer bias dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers whilst maintaining compliance
3. Collaboration and Influence: Possesses excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
4. Collaboration and Influence: Experience of liaising with government agencies such as UK DIT, HMRC
5. People and Organisational Development: Experience of developing and delivering training and awareness programmes
6. People and Organisational Development: Experience of leading and developing best practise export processes
7. Team Leadership: Possess mentoring skills and have the ability to train, support and develop less experienced staff
8. Knowledge: Experience or equivalent with global export control regulations, to include US and Europe (including dual-use, military controls, sanctions, and WMD-related controls)
9. Experience: Practical experience of rating/classification of goods; acquiring licences (UK & US); applying these to provide authorisations to the business
10. Provision of accurate and timely responses to the business in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators
11. Company policies and procedures reflect current legislative requirements
12. Understanding of Mergers and Acquisitions and the requirements for Trade Compliance Due Diligence
13. Proactive management and resolution of complex non-transactional support to the business
14. Positive outcome at external audit for activities within area of responsibility
Experience & Qualifications
1. Market Aware: 5+ years minimum related experience without supervision operating within a similar role
2. Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
3. Membership of an appropriate industry body or association
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and agile marekt leading organisation. In the first instance please send your cv to email@example.com