Horsham, West Sussex
£75000 - £90000 per annum + + Excellent Package
7 months ago
Head of Purchasing & Payments Service £90K + Excellent Package
Are you a hungry and ambitious Purchasing & Payments Manager looking for a career defining challenge? This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of a Procurement function, supporting the Head of Procurement with the ongoing development and implementation of a best in class SRM process, for a leading Financial Services organisation.
Location: Horsham + Flexible Working
You'll lead the Purchasing and Payments Service Centre which is the operational hub through which the Organisation will manage the end-to-end cost lifecycle, from supplier due diligence and onboarding through to payments and reconciliations. This Service Centre consists of 3 teams 1. Supply Chain Services, responsible for supplier onboarding compliance and leveraging buying channels to effectively manage the supply chain; 2. Purchasing and Payables responsible for effective purchasing and ensuring payments to our employees, clients and suppliers are made on a timely basis and; 3. Reconciliations, responsible for ensuring cash and other reconciliations are performed to a high standard
- Lead the implementation of the new Service Centre to develop a culture of service excellence.
- Collating, evaluating and processing data to identify patterns and trends to drive continuous improvement
- Regularly issue and review Voice of Customer to improve quality of service offering
- Translate and articulate Finance's vision for the Service Centre, establishing a strong direction and ensuring all are fully aligned/on board
- Set the strategy for the development of the Service Centre and it's employees. Regularly reviewing new practices and technologies to develop and evolve the stakeholder service offering.
- Lead, inspire and co-ordinate the Service Centre management team to develop a one-team, service based mindset and culture.
- Be accountable for the end-to-end cost lifecycle and associated policies and procedures ensuring the control framework remains fit for purpose and effective.
- Ability to consider wider business strategy and align functional strategy accordingly
- Track record of global/regional delivery across complex environments.
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing multiple teams in a Service Centre environment
- Experience operating in a regulated control function
- Experience and knowledge of implementing and maintaining effective technology solutions/services to provide positive stakeholder service
- Demonstrable experience of driving change within a service/operations centre.
- Demonstrable experience of designing, owning and implementing a supplier management and oversight framework.
- Experience of leading operational service centres meeting service level and effective KPI reporting.
- Ability and experience coordinating due diligence activities across technical specialists (e.g. Operational Risk, Information Security, Credit Risk, Financial Crime, Legal) globally.
- Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Technical experience of design and implementing contract database / supplier management systems.