£80000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
5 months ago
Are you a senior Procurement leader with significant experience of managing Networks/IT suppliers and spend, either within a Telecoms provider or the wider world of Technology?
A rapidly expanding, award winning Telecoms company is seeking a Head of Procurement for Networks and IT to own the relationship between Procurement and their CTIO division.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of Category, Commercial, Supplier and Stakeholder Management, with a view to creating a class leading capability in a fast paced, constantly evolving Greenfield environment.
The ideal applicant will possess experience of managing IT based license costs, large Telco infrastructure suppliers, Tier 1 network operators and niche SaaS providers. In addition, you must be contractually literate i.e. capable of structuring and compiling agreements with some assistance from legal counsel, and an intermediate/advanced Excel user.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading business in a booming, recession-proof sector, and play a key part in effecting their transition from SME to corporate powerhouse.
- Provide inspirational, assertive leadership across Networks & IT Procurement categories, advancing business goals and Procurement initiatives in tandem.
- Interface directly with CTIO and team to foster an effective working partnership focused on innovation and added value.
- Develop best in class, results-driven category strategies and supplier management plans; nurture influential, collaborative relationships with executive level stakeholders and key vendors; lead on all contract and negotiation activities including business adoption of standard contract management structure and approach.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Capable of delivering all of the above responsibilities to an exceptional standard.
- At least 10 years' end to end Procurement experience across a range of categories, including Networks and IT.
- High level of contractual literacy, with a clear understanding of the main terms in IT contracts and the ability to draft agreements with some support from legal counsel.
- Exposure to the Telecoms sector or wider IT industry and/or Construction/Civils/Infrastructure.
- Demonstrable experience of working at leadership level within a Greenfield Procurement function.