South East London, London
£70000 - £82000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
4 months ago
Head of Procurement
Our client is a Major Services Organisation who has an exciting and challenging role within this new structure.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the Head of Procurement will manage a team of Category Managers and respective teams and be responsible for a cross-category Indirect and Direct spend.
Based in London office, you will support the Procurement Director by delivering the procurement sourcing plan, mentoring and motivating the procurement team and developing and driving the implementation of policies, processes and systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a dynamic team of 10-12 individuals, offering them your support in training, developing and mentoring to ensure best practice in the procurement function.
- Work closely with the Procurement Director to develop and deliver the sourcing plan, ensuring on time, on budget delivery of projects and procurement targets
- Manage the procurement process to ensure best practice, and the implementation of strong procurement policies, methodologies and procedures
- Engage and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Minimise commercial and operational risks though robust supplier due diligence, contract development and contract management
- Carry out performance reviews, recruitment and induction programmes
- Manage supplier relationships from both a commercial and operational perspective
- Ensure that contractual and regulatory obligations are fulfilled
- Minimum of 7 years' Procurement experience
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Ideally part of your experience will have been gained within a Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Organisation
- Strong background of experience across Indirects and Direct procurement ideally some of which has included Capex and medical consumable products
- Experience of negotiating complex contracts
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A can-do approach with the ability to manage and become closely involved in day to day procedures when needed