€100000 - €115000 per annum + bonus + package
3 months ago
Role: Head of Procurement, Business Operations
Location: Madrid, Spain (hybrid working)
Package: Up to €115,000 + bonus
Exceptional opportunity to join a global manufacturing leader in the food production space. You'll lead and manage a procurement team who are moving through a period of rapid global transformation. If you thrive in an environment where there is a shared goal, attained through positive disruption and a dynamic approach, this role could be your ideal opportunity.
Reporting to the Global CPO you will be part of the procurement leadership team and have responsibility for a wide remit of global categories including Corporate Services, IT, Packaging, Logistics and Manufacturing Operations. The role will manage a number of direct reports in category lead/lead buyer roles whose scope includes setting category strategy, sustainability, managing 'communities of practice' and leading on supplier selection, negotiating, contracting and SRM.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a proven ability to lead from the front, showcases commercial acumen and has a genuine interest in building close stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Enjoy driving change through procurement transformation and business partnering
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and keen negotiation skills
- Have experience of managing a global team in a matrix environment to achieve high performance
- Solid procurement experience covering some of the major indirect categories mentioned
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Focus on driving sustainable cost reduction through applying strategies to spend less and buy less
- Be comfortable setting and enabling strategy combined with great execution power
- Be committed to a sustainable methodology
- Inspire through coaching and leading by example
- Not essential, though any Spanish language skills are a bonus