Head of Procurement
£70000 - £80000 per annum + + car + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Head of Procurement - New Greenfield Function
Location: UK - Remote. Some national/global travel (c. 10%)
Salary: c. £80k + car
Are you a confident indirect procurement leader with broad category experience who is looking to develop a new greenfield function in a global business?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm looking for an experienced procurement generalist to join this global technology and outsourcing provider on a permanent basis. This business is one of the leading speciality providers in their niche. They are well-known globally with a stable and forward-thinking executive team and a future-thinking CFO.
This is a greenfield role in a newly established function, reporting into global finance. You will work directly with the global, functional, and business unit leadership teams to address a complex and well dispersed spend covering various categories including IT, Property, Fleet, Professional Services and Travel.
This is a broad role where you will be responsible for the end-to-end strategic sourcing, category strategy development, execution and SRM across all categories and geographies. You will be a key business partner to the senior leadership team, and you will be supported by the recruitment of a Buyer/Analyst under your direct management.
Here are some more details on the role:
- You will own, develop, and execute the short, mid, and long-term category strategy for several indirect categories, developing supplier relationships and driving competitive advantage whilst achieving cost-saving and innovation targets and managing contractual and supplier risk.
- You will partner closely with the senior leadership team to develop and embed strong working procurement practices, processes and procedures whilst working proactively to anticipate and meet demand in several areas of the business.
- You will develop strong working relationships with several stakeholders across multiple functional areas of the business, using your influencing skills to embed procurement within every area of the business and be seen as a strategic enabler to company growth.
- You will work creatively to uncover savings opportunities in key spend areas, alongside driving additional value through supplier relationships and supporting their journey toward net zero.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A strong generalist background in procurement and supplier management covering several indirect categories including IT, Travel, Fleet, Professional Services and Property.
- End-to-end global procurement and supplier management experience including full category strategy ownership, development, and execution.
- Expertise in proactively developing and managing key senior stakeholder relationships within a complex and dispersed environment, alongside influencing and persuasion skills to drive change.
- Ability to develop and manage key strategic global suppliers, including managing tiered governance, operational and strategic procurement, long-term category strategies and value creation activities.
- An analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail, familiar with conducting spend analysis and reporting activities and then using these to inform strategic plans and roadmaps.
- A results-driven attitude, focused on proactively solving problems and working in close conjunction with your suppliers and stakeholders to drive forward progress.
- Ideally you will have some form of further professional qualification (I.E. MCIPS) alongside a relevant degree (I.E. Business, Economics, etc).
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally semi-regularly (c. 10%).
If you match the above profile and are interested in learning more, please either apply directly or email me at email@example.com for immediate consideration. This is a new greenfield role for a proactive executive team, and they are motivated to hire the right person who can quickly make an impact.