£65000 - £70000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits
about 2 months ago
Head of Client Finance
Salary: up to c£70k + fantastic benefits
Remote working (must be open to travel to Client for meetings if needed)
My client is currently looking for a Head of Client Finance to join one of their Key Accounts in the Public Sector.
In this role you will have ownership of the Finance & Accounting stakeholder relationship between our client and Finance with regard to Client Accounting & Reporting.
- Assume leadership and management of the Client Accounting function to ensure that Finance & Accounting services are delivered to their client as per contractual requirements, and all service levels/KPI's are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring timely receipt and reconciliation of circa £650m per annum of client funds and maintaining their client's general/sub ledgers including bank and cash reconciliations.
- Build strong working relationships with key support areas across the service to ensure that the operation has the appropriate level of support in order to deliver to contractual SLA's, the business unit financial forecast/plan and meet internal financial targets.
- Ensure compliance with the Client's Risk & Control Framework within the Client Accounting function and rapidly remedy any exposures to ensure a positive Audit posture is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for the delivery & assurance of any Client Finance functionality change resulting from Programme implementations and transition in to BAU service.
- Provide guidance as a role model to direct reports ensuring customer satisfaction & financial performance is always at the forefront of daily activities.
- Ensure that a Performance Management regime is in place within Client Accounting team to include setting of objectives and regular performance reviews and appraisals.
- Strong finance/accounting background (qualified, part qualified or QBE), ACCA preferred including successful track record of service delivery within a large-scale out-sourced solution.
- Experience of managing a contract.
- Strong People Management skills with a proven track record of leading, engaging, developing and motivating teams.
- Demonstrable track record of developing and maintaining strong professional relationships at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and change.
- Evidence of success in influencing, leading, supporting, and motivating stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a willingness to challenge.
- Broad experience and/or understanding of working in a transactional finance function.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary (Up to c£70,000)
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Work from home
If this sounds like you, then send your CV over to me at: alex.steel@1st-executive and we can arrange a further chat. Interviews will take place ASAP.