£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits Package
24 days ago
A Head of Category Management is needed to join an incredibly unique and innovative manufacturing organisation currently experiencing significant change, based in Berkshire. This is a key senior leadership role, paying up to £100k + Benefits Package. It is an incredible opportunity for strategic procurement leaders with a proven track record implementing category strategies within a greenfield environment, looking to impact the direction of the Procurement & Supply Chain function.
As Head of Category Management, you will be responsible for defining short-term and long-term strategies on all category spend initiatives within the organisation. The nature of the company ensures that the terms of engagement with suppliers will be quite unique, promising to make many aspects of the role interesting and challenging, even for the most highly-rated of procurement professionals in the industry.
A FTSE250 manufacturing organisation, currently undergoing significant change, with the vision to transform a tactical and transactional function into something far more strategic, aligned with longer term objectives, with the end goal of achieving significant savings and establishing relationships with the right suppliers moving forwards.
Your key responsibilities:
- You will be leading the transformational programme by developing complex strategies across several sectors and categories whilst encompassing a holistic approach covering strategic demand planning and supply-side dynamics.
- Broken down into many sub-categories, it will be your responsibility to analyse the current state-of-play, determine the full capabilities of your suppliers both on a skill and regional compliance point of view and then execute strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders up to board level and cross-functionally.
- Assess the long-term needs of the organisation, not just the short-term.
- You will have a deep practitioner experience of the full end to end Category Management process.
- Ability to lead vastly complex tender processes within relatively ambiguous environments.
- Clear experience in defining category strategies from a position of leadership, whilst still maintaining hands-on approaches to working with the suppliers.
- Strong experience managing stakeholder expectations, along with winning the hearts and minds of stakeholders where there has been a limited relationship previously.
- Ability to work quickly across multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously.
- Ideally a background with a global blue-chip organisation in either the manufacturing, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, energy, utilities, engineering, defence or aerospace industries.
If you believe you have the right skill set to implement the significant change our client are looking to achieve, please do apply for the role below or give Brad Mills a call on 01483 212 190.