£60000 - £70000 per annum + 15% Bonus + Car Allowance
about 2 months ago
Role: Procurement Manager
Location: Ashford, Kent [Hybrid working available]
Salary: Up to £70K + Car + 15% Bonus
Excellent opportunity to join a a multi-disciplinary group focused on supporting diverse range of civil engineering and construction projects providing integrated engineering solutions and services.
You'll be involved across a breadth of projects closely associated with manufacturing and production and play a key role in in supporting civil engineering projects by taking full ownership of Group level Procurement Strategy.
- Support the Finance Director in the design and delivery of centralised Procurement Strategy and communicate this leveraging standardisation across different businesses in the group.
- Manage and drive a consistent and professional approach to Procurement across all Group Companies providing best practice support for Purchasing, Tendering, Sourcing and Cost Saving activities.
- Ensure the effective design and application of all Procurement policies and procedures for all persons who may be affected by the company's operations.
- Ensure that all Procurement Policies and procedures are in compliance with national legislation and business requirements.
- Create and implement category sourcing strategies with detailed understanding and wide experience of Indirect Procurement categories including Utilities (Electricity and Water), Fuel, Capital Equipment, Engineering, Mobile Plant, Consumables, Site Services, Transport/Fleet Vehicles.
- Lead the tender and negotiation process and make commercial contractual recommendations formulate contracts manage supplier performance
- Developing and implementing supply strategies for key commodities.
- Create and implement Procurement plans and communicate Procurement strategies for all business sectors.
This is a great opportunity to take full ownership of Group Procurement to drive more value across the wider business, from design through implementation and delivery, utilising a total cost of ownership model to meet company targets in cost reduction, savings and profitability whilst communicating the value of procurement to the wider business overcoming the challenges of a centralised group procurement function across multiple devolved business units.
If of interest, please apply online and ideally also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a time to discuss your background, suitability and the role itself in more detail.