Walsall, West Midlands
£100000 - £125000 per annum + + package
4 months ago
Role: Group Head of Procurement
Salary: £100-125k + package
Location: 1 hour north of Birmingham
Flexible working offered, with 1-3 days a week in the office
Excellent transformational opportunity for a Group Head of Procurement with experience in the Construction industry to join a PE-backed company in the Midlands experiencing strong growth - one of the leaders in their field. Reporting directly to the CEO/CFO.
The perfect candidate will lead and manage the transformation of the client's procurement function from tactical to strategic while leading and upskilling a team of 7. You'll develop and drive the implementation of strategy, processes, agreements and supplier performance, master agreements, SRM and have P&L responsibility.
You'll ideally have managed similar transformations and looking for your next challenge.
- Develop a procurement strategy for the group purchasing activities covering all areas of the business
- Drive the implementation and monitoring of strategy, agreements, and supplier performance
- Responsibility for the tactical buying team's performance and development
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the market
- Forecasting ongoing demand for goods and services
- Driving innovation in the supply chain
- Negotiating contracts and service agreements with suppliers
- Running tenders and evaluating bids before making commercially relevant recommendations
- Maintaining the purchasing budget
- Previous Head of Procurement experience, ideally with transformation experience
- Construction industry required, including materials and plant
- Strong leader, negotiator and stakeholder manager