Global Procurement Specialist/Manager - Marketing
South West London
£40000 - £60000 per annum + bonus & package
10 days ago
Role: Global Procurement Category Manager - Marketing
Salary: £40-60k + 20% bonus & package (dependent on experience)
Location: North Surrey, cracking office with good transport links/parking
Hybrid Working: 3 days office, 2 days work from home
**Current right to work in the UK is essential**
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading brands globally, with a turnover in the tens of billions, as a Procurement Category Manager for Marketing.
In this role, perfect for a procurement junior with at least 2 years of procurement experience, you will report to the Global Head of Marketing Procurement and will manage spend categories across marketing procurement locally, across Europe and globally. It's within a fantastic team, with a great culture and a supportive approach to progressing careers and developing individuals.
Excitingly, the headcount is expanding, which will create fantastic progression opportunities for you going forwards. It's also a cracking opportunity for individuals that are able to think innovatively and entrepreneurially, as the client is looking for candidates that can think outside the box, pitch ideas and then drive these concepts forwards.
Fantastic, modern office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders to understand & define business requirements
- Lead the implementation of European-wide sourcing strategies in your marketing category areas.
- Identify, lead and collaborate with our in-country team for local sourcing projects
- Manage strategic suppliers by monitoring performance, SLA's and continuous improvement activities where required across your portfolio
- Own contract information, KPI indicator data and approvals for your categories, providing updates annually and monthly.
- Develop and own a long-range category strategy
- Negotiate and lead the commercial elements of category contracts
- Support central initiatives, such as our sustainability goals, for improving the efficiency of CPE platform and overall procurement activities in Europe.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with other category teams and sister companies, where applicable, in order to find opportunities for joined procurement activities
Your qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of procurement experience, ideally within a blue-chip environment
- Experience procuring marketing services is a bonus
- Experienced in developing, supporting, and implementing procurement strategies
- A successful negotiator with excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills, equally focused on value for money, service quality, and positive strategic outcomes
- Numerate and logical - able to make and rationalize data-driven decisions
- Strong customer service sense and attitude with a commercial and entrepreneurial-driven mentality