£60000 - £75000 per annum + + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Energy & Carbon Allowance
Location: Remote working. Amsterdam once a month + occasional travel
Salary: €70-90k + Package
Join a dynamic procurement function with an experienced and welcoming senior leadership team within one of the largest manufacturing companies globally. The organisation is going through a procurement transformation and gives the successful applicant the opportunity to raise the profile of procurement within their region.
You will collaborate with the Head of Energy to deliver innovation and execution to achieve a world-class procurement strategy. You will develop category driving initiatives that drive sustainable and profitable growth.
The ideal candidate will have ideally 3 years of energy/power sourcing, carbon allowance and risk management experience. You will also have strong stakeholder management experience - a key part of this role.
Supervision of risk management tasks
- Oversee and optimize the hedging activities provided by a third party
- Mange carbon allowances accounts on PLC and national level
- Management oversight on daily activities involving data capture, risk management, trading and the monitoring and reporting of front and middle office reconciliations.
- Implement operational procedures and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Participate in new project deployment including workflow establishment and system enhancement including templates, documentation and controls.
- Manage IT systems and infrastructures, both internal and outsourced, ensuring all are adequately backed up and with proven disaster recovery provisions
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including end-users, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- For all tasks related to commodity risk management: Deputise and represent the Head of Energy in his absence.
Energy project management
- Manage the rollout and successful implementation of Energy projects that are centrally initiated.
- Participate in negotiations with third parties required for the successful roll-out
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including site managers, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- Provide regular status reports and participate in steering-committee meetings
- Initiate and present business cases for centrally managed projects
- Ideally 3 years of energy/power sourcing or management with experience of risk management
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills
- You will be able to confidently interact with senior stakeholders
- Fluent in English
- Educated to Degree level or higher
If of interest, please let me know ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant Procurement experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone else that may be interested, please forward to them.