Amsterdam, North Holland
£70000 - £80000 per annum + + package
7 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Energy
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Salary: €70-80k + Package
This exciting and challenging procurement role offers an experienced purchasing professional the chance to join a dynamic procurement function with an experienced and welcoming senior leadership team. The organisation has recently transformed its' procurement function and gives the successful applicant the opportunity to raise the profile of procurement within their region.
You will collaborate with the Head of Energy and deliver value for money & innovation to achieve a world class procurement strategy to deliver a competitive advantage to the client. You will develop category driving initiatives that drive sustainable and profitable growth.
The ideal candidate will have Ideally 3 years of commodity trading/ risk management experience
Supervision of risk management tasks
- Oversee and optimize the hedging activities provided by a third party.
- Management oversight on daily activities involving data capture, risk management, trading and the monitoring and reporting of front and middle office reconciliations.
- Implement operational procedures and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Participate in new project deployment including workflow establishment and system enhancement including templates, documentation and controls.
- Manage IT systems and infrastructures, both internal and outsourced, ensuring all are adequately backed up and with proven disaster recovery provisions
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including end users, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- For all tasks related to commodity risk management: Deputise and represent the Head of Energy in his absence.
Energy project management
- Manage the rollout and successful implementation of Energy projects that are centrally initiated.
- Participate in negotiations with third parties required for the successful roll-out
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including site managers, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- Provide regular status reports and participate in steering-committee meetings
- Initiate and present business cases for central managed projects
- Ideally 3 years of commodity trading/ risk management experience
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Educated to Degree level or higher
If of interest, please let me know ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant Procurement experience to Geoff.email@example.com. Or, if you know someone else that me be interested, please forward to them.