Global Procurement Category Specialist - Marketing, Budapest
€15000 - €25000 per annum + package
7 months ago
Role: Global Category Specialist - Marketing
Location: Budapest- Remote, with some travel to meet stakeholders and suppliers
Salary: 540-900k + package
Rapidly growing global corporation seeks a Procurement Category Specialist to join the newly created category to manage and own the marketing spend across the region. MARKETING experience is not required. Huge opportunity for career advancement due to the pace of growth of the company's growth.
Marketing spend in Eastern Europe has not been owned by procurement, this role has been created to analyse the spend, strategise and manage - while building strong relationships internally and externally across the region. There will be excellent support from the broader team and management to assist with this process.
Exciting role to drive and develop your own Marketing category forward as a Category Specialist, you will use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier stakeholder management principles to create and develop category plans. Further, as a Category Specialist, you will drive category outcomes by supervising and collaborating across the breadth of the business and externally.
- Development, ownership and execution of short to mid-term (1-3 years) Category strategy utilising procurement processes (Product Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Negotiations, Supplier Performance Management, Contact Management, Risk Management, etc)
- Leverage SRM to drive innovation, sustainability and additional value to the category.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities with the focus on TCO and efficiency improvements
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels to gain commitment to the category plan.
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Using stakeholder and supplier networks, identify continuous improvement and step-change opportunities for product and service specifications.
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality, service and develop alternative options.
- As part of the global category team, assist with shaping the development of category plans and strategies.
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- 2-3 years of relevant procurement experience
- Strong stakeholder management, with excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, stakeholders and contract
- Fluent English
If of interest, please apply to this advert ASAP