Amsterdam, North Holland
€70000 - €120000 per annum + bonus & package
J690087 - GH_1673370068
20 days ago
Role: Global New Product Development Manager - Procurement
Location: Amsterdam, Hybrid working
Flexible Working: 2 to 3 days work from home per week
Salary: €ompetitive salary + bonus & package
***Current Right to Work in the Netherlands is essential***
Are you ambitious and looking to progress your career in New Product Development (NPD)? This is a fantastic role that sits within the procurement function and will allow you to work cross-functionally with innovation teams and R&D globally. You'll drive new product initiatives, manage projects through the stage gate process and undertake procurement/sourcing tasks, before ultimately handing completed projects to category managers.
It's with a truly global manufacturing business with a multi-€bn turnover. Your remit will be global and this role offers excellent progression opportunities.
- To be the Innovation representative for external suppliers and internal stakeholders and build close relationships with Procurement Category Managers and Innovation teams and R&D
- Drive sourcing processes to get the best value and optimal time-to-market for high potential global innovations/new products.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities with the focus on TCO and efficiency improvements
- Make recommendations to the development team when sourcing new products and to creatively think outside the box
- Ensure that all due diligence is obtained prior to launch throughout the lifecycle.
- Co-ordinate innovation sessions with procurement and across businesses, looking at ways to achieve first to market status
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality, service and develop alternative options.
- Organise supplier presentations and/ or visits to suppliers covering Innovation agenda
- Current Right to Work in the Netherlands + Fluent English
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience across NPD, procurement and managing projects
- You have interfaced with mature and early-stage businesses through procurement processes, and understand the different requirements
- You have taken a leading role in adapting and designing procurement processes for effective onboarding of innovative or early stage businesses and projects
- Proven capability to identify blockers to effective and time sensitive onboarding
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders in diverse environment - multiple business units, languages, cultures