Amsterdam, North Holland
£70000 - £90000 per annum + + package
5 months ago
Role: Global Energy Category Manager
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Salary: €70-80k (€90k)+ Package
This exciting and challenging Energy procurement role offers an experienced commodities and purchasing professional the chance to join a dynamic procurement function with an experienced and welcoming senior leadership team.
You will collaborate with the Head of Energy, Hedging and Commodities teams and deliver value for money & innovation to achieve a world class procurement strategy to deliver a competitive advantage to the client. You will develop energy category driving initiatives that drive sustainable and profitable growth while managing over €300m pa. There is significant opportunity to gain promotion within this organisation who are committed to internal progression.
The ideal candidate will have Ideally 3 years of commodity trading/risk management experience
*Work from home, one meeting a month in Amsterdam*
Supervision of risk management tasks
- Oversee and optimize the hedging activities provided by a third party.
- Management oversight on daily activities involving data capture, risk management, trading and the monitoring and reporting of front and middle office reconciliations.
- Implement operational procedures and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Participate in new project deployment including workflow establishment and system enhancement including templates, documentation and controls.
- Monitor dealing activities to ensure compliance with Treasury procedures, dealing mandates and external regulations.
- Manage IT systems and infrastructures, both internal and outsourced, ensuring all are adequately backed up and with proven disaster recovery provisions
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including end users, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- For all tasks related to commodity risk management: Deputise and represent the Head of Energy in his absence.
Energy project management
- Manage the rollout and successful implementation of Energy projects that are centrally initiated.
- Participate in negotiations with third parties required for the successful roll-out
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including site managers, counterparties, external resources and business lines.
- Provide regular status reports and participate in steering-committee meetings
- Initiate and present business cases for central managed projects
- Ideally 3 years of commodity trading/ risk management experience
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Educated to Degree level or higher
If of interest, please let me know ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant experience to Geoff.email@example.com. Or, if you know someone else that me be interested, please forward to them.