Amsterdam, North Holland
€55000 - €65000 per annum + package
7 months ago
Role: Global Category Specialist - Raw Materials
Location: Amsterdam - 50% home office, with some global travel
Salary: Up to €65k + bonus + package
Excellent opportunity to join a FTSE 100, globally leading manufacturing company that is one of the foremost leaders in their field.
Could be the perfect role for a recent grad with 2-3 years of procurement experience? Exciting role to drive and develop your own Raw Materials category forward as a Category Specialist, you will use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier stakeholder management principles to create and develop category plans. Further, as a Category Specialist, you will drive category outcomes by supervising and collaborating across the breadth of the business and externally.
- Development, ownership and execution of short to mid-term (1-3 years) Category strategy utilising procurement processes (Product Sourcing, Supplier Selection, Negotiations, Supplier Performance Management, Contact Management, Risk Management, etc)
- Leverage SRM to drive innovation, sustainability and additional value to the category.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities with the focus on TCO and efficiency improvements
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels to gain commitment to the category plan.
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Using stakeholder and supplier networks, identify continuous improvement and step-change opportunities for product and service specifications.
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality, service and develop alternative options.
- As part of the global category team, assist with shaping the development of category plans and strategies.
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- 2-3 years of relevant strategic procurement experience
- Strong stakeholder management, with excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, stakeholders and contract
- Fluent English
If of interest, please apply to this advert ASAP