Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £70000 per annum + + car + 20% bonus
4 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Paper Categories
Location: WFH - Some international travel
Salary: £70k + Car + Package
This exciting and challenging procurement role offers an experienced purchasing professional the chance to join a dynamic procurement function with an experienced and welcoming senior leadership team.
You will report into the Head of Production and use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier stakeholder management principles to create and develop complex global speciality paper sourcing category plans. You will supervise and collaborate with the business to ensure that your strategies are successfully implemented to drive category outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have significant management experience of Direct procurement within a complex matrix environments. FMCG/CPG backgrounds would work well.
- Develop and drive complex Global Category strategies and plans
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels to gain commitment to the category plan.
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Using stakeholder and supplier networks, identify continuous improvement and step-change opportunities for product and service specifications.
- Working with stakeholders, identify and quantify trade-offs between cost, quality, service and develop alternative options.
- As part of the global category team, lead shaping and the development of category plans and strategies.
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- Build in annual cost reduction/negotiated savings strategies that each year to achieve budgeted targets.
- Work with Procurement operations to achieve standardisation in the supply process and establish KPI's to drive the right behaviours.
- Create strategies that answer the business needs associated with internal and external targets.
- Legal / risk management
- Look for and introduce alternative suppliers, products and services
- Work with the supplier base to drive product and process innovation
- Manage projects through the category teams
- Work on quality and supply improvement, innovation and driving value through creating new channels
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Excellent business partnering, stakeholder management and cross-divisional working
- Experience across category management, ideally directs - ingredients, packaging, raw materials etc
- Significant and advanced data analysis skills
- Educated to Degree level or higher
If of interest, please apply to this job and ideally let me know ASAP by sending your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant directs procurement experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone else that me be interested please forward to them.