Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000 - £75000 per annum + + car + bonus + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Pallets
Country: UK or Netherlands
Location: The role will be work from home, with some international travel when safe.
Salary: UK - £55-75k. The Netherlands - €70-90k. (potential to increase for the right candidate)
Excellent opportunity to join one of the leading FTSE 100 manufacturers in their field globally in a newly created procurement role.
You will report into the Global Head of Production and manage the complex Pallets category globally. You will rationalise suppliers and drive cost savings and efficiency for the entirety of the global category. You will operate with Senior Stakeholders globally and change business as usual to take back ownership and centralise this category.
This transformational role offers an experienced purchasing professional the chance to effect change within a global procurement function.
This role has the backing of the CPO and is high on their agenda for change. You will use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier stakeholder management principles to create and develop complex global strategies.
- Develop and drive Pallets Procurement Category plans
- Identify cost-saving opportunities
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Develop best practice approaches for pallets across the group
- Collaborate to create a pipeline of initiatives and projects
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels, including Country leads to gain commitment to the category plan
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- Work with Procurement operations to achieve standardisation in the supply process and establish KPI's to drive the right behaviours.
- Establish monthly KPIs
- Create strategies that answer the business needs associated with internal and external targets.
- o Environmental
- o Sustainability
- o Legal/risk management
- Look for and introduce alternative suppliers, products and services.
- Work with the supplier base to drive product and process innovation.
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience in a fast-paced, global environment
- Either experience with pallets, or other suitable commodities/categories
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Excellent business partnering, stakeholder management and cross-divisional working
- Experience across category management
- Significant data analysis skills
- Educated to Degree level or higher