Birmingham, West Midlands
£450 - £550 per day
3 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Pallets.
Interim: 6-month contract role
Location: WFH - Some international travel
Salary: Up to £550pd
6-month interim project
This transformational interim procurement role offers an experienced purchasing professional the chance to effect change within a global procurement function.
This is a project-based role that reports into the Global Head of Production to rationalise suppliers by driving cost savings and efficiency for the entirety of the global pallet's category. This role has the backing of the CPO and is high on the client's agenda for change.
You will use strategic sourcing methodologies and supplier stakeholder management principles to create and develop a complex global strategy. You will supervise and collaborate with the business to ensure that your strategies are successfully implemented to drive category outcomes. This is delivery based and you will have niche market knowledge in order to hit the ground running and operate at pace.
Therefore, you will have significant procurement category management experience of pallets, and be used to working across global regions, providing local and bigger picture solutions within complex matrix environments. FMCG/CPG backgrounds would work well.
- Develop and drive Pallets Procurement Category plans
- Identify cost-saving opportunities
- Cut long tail spend by approx. 50%
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the company to ensure that global category plans use proper project management tools.
- Develop best practice approaches for pallets across the group
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to create a pipeline of initiatives and projects
- Communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels to gain commitment to the category plan.
- Work both independently and with Group Legal to negotiate favourable contract terms.
- Build-in annual cost reduction/negotiated savings strategies that each year to achieve budgeted targets.
- Work with Procurement operations to achieve standardisation in the supply process and establish KPI's to drive the right behaviours.
- Establish monthly KPIs
- Create strategies that answer the business needs associated with internal and external targets.
- o Environmental
- o Sustainability
- o Legal/risk management
- Look for and introduce alternative suppliers, products and services.
- Work with the supplier base to drive product and process innovation.
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience in a fast-paced, global environment
- Strong knowledge and experience of procuring pallets
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Excellent business partnering, stakeholder management and cross-divisional working
- Experience across category management
- Significant and advanced data analysis skills
- Educated to Degree level or higher, or qualified by experience
If of interest, please apply to this job and ideally let me know ASAP by sending your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant directs procurement experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone else that may be interested, please forward it to them.