£70000 - £90000 per annum + + package
6 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager - Capital Equipment (Mechanical and E&I)
Location: 50% work from home, Central London
Salary: £70-90k + package
Excellent greenfield opportunity to sculpt, lead and influence within a PE-backed company leading the way in sustainable recycling and driving forwards the circular economy.
Greenfield role perfect for an experienced CAPEX Category Manager with experience procuring production equipment for plants to bring best practice expertise to an exciting company embarking on a procurement transformation programme. You will sculpt and create global strategic category management with a high degree of visibility within the company.
Perfect role to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment. The preferred candidate will be given the freedom to heavily influence the development of the category and the procurement function within a growing firm.
You will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of global category and sourcing strategies for the specified category/subcategories
- Full commercial management of the category - managing all associated commercial activity to achieve value creation and minimise the total cost of ownership
- Development of long-term value generation and risk mitigation strategies
- Driving compliance to sourcing strategies in functional areas and proactively manage contract and vendor performance
- Leading all procurement portfolio activities including market engagement, tender processes, commercial and contract negotiations, vendor performance and supplier risk management
- Providing guidance and support to Regional Procurement Managers in line with category plans
- Commercially astute, with experience of assessing external supply markets and skilled in developing (and translating opportunities) into long term category plans/ strategies
- Knowledge and experience of leading tools, techniques and processes covering category strategy development
- Ability to lead, persuade, influence internal business partners through a period of change, managing the transition and implementation of category management led procurement approach - tactically and strategically
- Adept at drafting /reviewing/ negotiating contracts including MSAs and Global Framework Agreements
- Willing to travel internationally