Global Category Manager - BioScience Materials
€100000 - €125000 per annum + + bonus + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Global Procurement Category Manager - BioScience Materials
Location: Brussels area. Hybrid home/office working (2-3 days per week in the office).
Salary: €100 - €125k + bonus + package.
Are you an ambitious procurement expert with expertise in managing key supplier relationships within the pharmaceutical industry?
Do you want to work on some of the most critical projects for one of the leading global pharmaceutical companies, with a clear development path to becoming a Director?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm looking for an experienced pharmaceutical procurement expert to join this globally synonymous business on a permanent basis. With 30 global R&D sites, almost 100,000 employees and a varied product portfolio including general and speciality medicines and vaccines, you will join the procurement function of a business that is truly at the heart of changing the future for the better.
This is a new role reporting to a global matrix team consisting of 5 category managers and specialists in the US and Europe. You will be responsible for directly managing a complex global spend portfolio of c. €70 million within the BioScience materials category, predominantly consisting of a variety of media and buffers for mRNA vaccines. You will also manage several key supplier relationships including a Tier 1 global supplier of BioScience materials, whom they spend over €180 million with annually.
Here are some more details on the role:
- You will own, develop, and execute the short, mid and long-term category strategy for your specific materials portfolio, developing supplier resilience and competitive advantage whilst achieving cost savings and driving innovation and sustainability solutions.
- You will partner closely with global site procurement teams to develop strong consumer stakeholder relationships, ensuring they always have the relevant materials whilst challenging and influencing their business requirements to be more efficient.
- You will manage several key supplier relationships including a global Tier 1 sole provider, leading critical business review meetings and managing scorecards and reporting criteria.
- You will continually develop and manage a diverse global supplier base, ensuring consistent supplier quality, assurance, regulatory compliance, and service alongside driving cost savings and creative innovation.
- You will market yourself internally as the go-to expert within your category - proactively developing your knowledge and expertise whilst remaining abreast of relevant market news, intelligence, and data.
- You will partner with broader manufacturing, supply chain and finance teams to enable creative efficiency and innovation activities.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A strong background in procurement and supplier management within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industries is essential. Specific BioScience materials experience within resins, cultures, medias, serums etc is highly preferable.
- End-to-end procurement and supplier management experience within a highly regulated, single-source environment.
- Expertise in proactively developing and managing key stakeholder relationships within a complex and dispersed environment, alongside influencing and persuasion skills to insight change.
- Ability to develop and manage key strategic global suppliers, including managing tiered governance, operational and strategic procurement and value creation activities within a highly regulated environment.
- An analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail, familiar with conducting spend analysis and reporting activities and then using these to inform strategic plans and roadmaps.
- A results-driven attitude, focused on proactively solving problems and working in close conjunction with your suppliers and stakeholders to drive forward progress.
- Project management experience is ideal - an understanding and knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles and how they apply within manufacturing is highly preferable.
- Ideally you will have some form of further professional qualification (I.E. Master's or MBA) in Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Procurement or Supply Chain. A Bachelor's degree is a minimum requirement.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally semi-regularly.
If you match the above profile and are interested in learning more, please either apply directly or email me at email@example.com for immediate consideration. This is a new strategic role for our clients and they are motivated to hire the right person who can quickly hit the ground running and grow internally.