Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £65000 per annum + 65k +benefits/flex working
about 2 months ago
Role: Global Category Manager
Salary: Up to £65K + Excellent Benefits
Location: Flexible working. Birmingham/Sheffield/London/Southampton+ Flexible/Agile Working arrangements (circa 1 day p/w in one of listed as an office base)
Role type: Full time| Permanent| UK based| Procurement
Open up a world of opportunity!
Are you looking for the next step in your career working with the Head of Procurement with a "Strategic Partnerships" concept across their Tier 1 IT Vendors, then this is an ideal opportunity for you to continue your personal and professional development and grow your Global portfolio. A key role within an established banking organisation committed to people and values. Previous background in Financial Services or technology space is not required.
The Category Manager's primary responsibility will be for the one of the sub-categories within the IT team (Software), with opportunity to gain experience in other IT commodities.
You will have responsibility for supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category and driving business outcomes and behaviours to drive value through the category planning lifecycle. Leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier's such as of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
What is on offer?
As well as great packages, join a team that promotes nurturing progress and growth on a global scale!
- Experience working within complex blue-chip, multi layered organisations and worked to the pace and drive required.
- Experience of delivering complex sourcing programmes working in a large complex procurement environment
- Depth of experience on data, excel, building presentations for Executives
- Experience in leading negotiations and managing large value vendors
- Demonstrate a consultative approach to engaging and influencing key stakeholders
- Be comfortable operating in an autonomous Procurement environment, and be willing to lead and manage end to end sourcing projects and large scale, complex, contract renewals.
- Degree or CIPS related qualifications.
Learn more - click apply today!