Amsterdam, North Holland
€70000 - €90000 per annum + + 10% bonus + package
5 days ago
Role: Global Buyer - Speciality Packaging
Location: Amsterdam - hybrid working, with limited travel
Salary: €70 - 90k + 10% bonus + package
Are you an ambitious English and (ideally) Dutch-speaking procurement professional with experience procuring metal and/or plastic packaging?
If so, this Fortune 500 company are hiring for a brand-new role in their rapidly growing global team. They're offering the opportunity to work closely with the global senior leaders and take on responsibility for a critical global subcategory for one of their major global brands.
This business has seen sustained and continuous organic sales growth despite the challenges of the recent economy and they are universally recognised as one of the leading companies in their segment.
Led by an experienced CPO, a supportive and collaborative procurement leadership team and with a global focus on innovation and sustainability, here you will have the opportunity to develop key global strategic procurement experience. This role will pave the way for further career development and potential future leadership opportunities for the right person who wants to make an impact.
You will lead the development, execution, and refinement of the procurement strategy for one of their key packaging subcategories globally. Supporting numerous international stakeholders across several brands and business units, you will have ownership of the subcategory with a core remit to build a flexible, cost-efficient, and sustainable supply base in the short, medium, and long term. Your ability to engage, manage and deliver for senior stakeholders across the business is key.
Packaging is a business-critical category for this organisation, and it is often used as a key differentiator for their products. Therefore, you will also interface closely with other departments including broader global procurement teams, marketing, quality, logistics, finance, R&D and transformation.
You will develop and manage strong strategic supplier relationships focused on driving innovation and value creation, whilst keeping a close eye on ensuring continuous supply and risk mitigation. This will involve a significant amount of data analysis, cost modelling and continuous market research.
Joining an existing team of five Buyers reporting to and mentored by the Global Category Manager, this role is based out of their new offices in Amsterdam, Netherlands. They have a flexible working model with hybrid home/office work being the norm. Occasional global travel to stakeholders and suppliers will be required.
- You will demonstrate a good knowledge of packaging procurement with a specific focus on either metal or plastics.
- Ideally, you will demonstrate this procurement experience has been gained in a complex, multi-faceted global manufacturing organisation in which you have had to balance multiple priorities.
- You will demonstrate confidence engaging and supporting stakeholders of varying seniority and from different cultures.
- You will be data savvy, with an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Relevant Degree + CIPS or equivalent. MBA or other further qualifications are desirable.
- Previous beauty or cosmetics industry experience is a key differentiator, but not essential.