£90000 - £110000 per annum + 20% bonus
8 months ago
1st March 2020
I am currently supporting a client of mine in Chertsey who are recruiting for a Fianncial Director to oversee a Finance department of 7. This is a private equity backed, multi sited (UK) growing company. They are seeking a commercial, enthusuatic, proactive FD with proven, previous growth of an SME, who can help drive the strategy of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for the preparation of the financial data for the monthly board report.
- Supporting the COO in presenting strategy, information, reports, analysis to various stakeholders
- Identify relevant key service and financial risks to ensure these are effectively minimised and reported as part of the performance management and controls assurance reporting processes
- Implementing new efficiencies and enhancements to the financial infrastructure
- As part of executive team, works on business forecasts, strategy and planning to accomplish overall unit objective.
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, margin analysis and external auditors.
- Oversees the accounting function in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Reviews reports to analyse projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggest methods of improving the strategic planning process as appropriate.
- As part of the executive team, work on business forecasts, strategy, planning and process improvement to accomplish overall unit objective.
Person Specification Skills & Qualifications
* Accountancy qualifications to at least CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
* Experience working for a Private Equity business
* Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions
* Businesses with 100m turnover
* The ability to operate at strategic and operational levels
* Negotiating, influencing and presenting skills with the ability to operate at board level
* You must be able to demonstrate a track record of team development and ability to manage at all levels, be committed, commercially aware with excellent communication skills