£200 - £300 per day
4 months ago
Exciting opportunity to join a world leading Pharmaceutical organisation as an Interim External Communications Manager. This is an initial 6-month contract paying up to £250 per day, with scope for extensions and based in their Surrey office. This role also offers flexibility of up to 3-4 days a week working from home.
Your role will be critical to the successful and timely delivery of the Corporate Affairs Strategy, specifically through the development, implementation and measurement of high value strategic communication programmes that will support the businesses priorities and shape the operating environment, while also protecting and enhancing the company's reputation in the UK.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic communications support, and ensure high impact external communications programmes are delivered to maximise business opportunities and help shape the environment.
- Devise communication strategies and deliver media relations engagement programmes to support business objectives.
- Lead issues management with media for your areas of my client's product portfolio in order to minimise risk to the business and our reputation and also act as a first point of contact for media across your areas of portfolio responsibility.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain strong relationships with a broad range of key journalists and media titles.
- Position my client as a leading global healthcare organisation in top tier media.
- Previous experience of successfully developing and delivering strategic communications and media relations programmes and working in agency or blue-chip environments.
- Experience in all aspects of business communications and media relations (media, techniques and channels including face to face, written, oral, broadcast and online/digital.
- Strong project Management skills.
- Demonstrable understand of and great experience dealing with relevant UK media.
- Evidence of established media relationships, preferably around social affairs, business and health.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the pharma industry and healthcare environment in the UK.
If this position is of interest, please apply for the role now, and any questions or to find out more call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.