Crawley, West Sussex
£25000 - £30000 per annum
4 months ago
My client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers worldwide. They specialise in the maintenance operation for airlines, managing the repairs of aircraft and keeping them flying. They have an immediate requirement for an Exchange Cores Specialist to join their Crawley-based team.
The Exchange Cores Specialist manages the return of exchange core assets from customers in addition to the exchange core returns and terms-and-conditions with 3rd party suppliers for commercial programs.
The position will provide proactive control of the return of their assets from customers and assets owed to suppliers as exchange cores.
The Exchange Cores Specialist will ensure the company and its customers and suppliers are delivering to contracted targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and obligations while ensuring effective cost control, cost reduction, and exceptional operational performance is achieved for the business as defined within the parameters outlined by management
- Ensuring requests & workflow throughout the customer service organisation is managed in accordance with defined procedures.
- Managing & expediting of the core return process from customers, minimising the components time outside of the pool.
- Reporting on the level of open doubles exchange and prioritize the return of these exchanges within the initial 1st exchange.
- Ensuring customer core returns throughout the IOC are managed in accordance with defined priorities.
- Resolving supplier core return backlog within IMOPS, ensuring delays are kept to a minimum, encouraging excellent communication with the customer and/or supplier
- Pro-actively engaging with the allocated Key Account Managers (KAMs) to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
- Identifying at an early stage potential problems and risks, evaluating and anticipating implications and being proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions.
- Exploring potential market source for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities should this be advantageous.
- Co-ordinating with the KAMs and Inventory Management team to regularly review open core returns and report on the status of fulfilment, ensuring the team initiate the required transactions to contractually agreed parameters.
- Regularly interacting with the KAMs and centralised service functions to promote ownership and a cohesive culture within the group.
- Ensuring that events raised against the Operational team are reviewed daily, actioned accordingly and approved in a timely fashion so as not to disrupt the invoice clearance process, avoiding accounts being put on hold which would disrupt the supply of components.
- Establishing and maintaining a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responding to customer's and supplier's questions quickly and efficiently, building key relationships.
- Reporting all information collected about issues, complaints, customer internal changes, best contact/interlocutor, fleet evolution to the Senior Operations Manager and the Senior Operations Director.
- A demonstrable track record within Inventory Management Systems
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in English both written and spoken.
- Advanced computer proficiency - Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiating skills - must be able to be persuasive and assertive.
- Bachelor Degree in Aviation or related field
- A broad knowledge and understanding of an airline operating business
- An interest in the aviation/aerospace industry
In return they offer a competitive salary, enhanced pension scheme, private medical and dental car (you & your family) and Life Assurance.